Structural Engineers Building Surveyors



Structural Engineers Building Surveyors

Party Wall

If you have been or are being affected by Party Wall issues, are a Building Owner planning work which may fall under the Party Wall etc Act 1996 or are an Adjoining Owner in need of a Party Wall Surveyor we can help.


If you intend to carry out building work which involves one of the following categories:

  • Work on an existing wall or structure shared with another property
  • Building a free standing wall or a wall of a building up to or astride the boundary with a neighbouring property
  • Excavating near a neighbouring building


Then you must find out whether the work falls within The Party Wall etc Act 1996. If it does, you must correctly notify all affected neighbours by sending a Party Wall Notice.


If you have received a notification then you must respond correctly to avoid prejudicing your position.


As Building Surveyors who have undertaken party wall surveying for over 30 years, we can offer a professional and bespoke personal service to residential and commercial occupiers and owners affected by party wall matters and can advise on the need for a Party Wall Award or Party Wall Agreement.